What has been rattling through my hungover brain…
November 29, 2012
Hello, ladies and, possibly, some gentlemen…
I got drunk last night.
I know what you’re thinking, “you get drunk every night?” And I don’t, but I can see where your confusion stems from.
Last night, somewhere in the depths of Morristown, New Jersey a man purchased an unseemly amount of Dogfish Head beer and politely requested that both I and @_dharv as well as several others come over to his house and imbibe as much as we could to help him in his dilemma of having procured too much of a good thing. I know I gave as good of an attempt possible and drank much of his heavy, hoppy, malty, and sometimes oddly seasoned brews. Everything from beers with cocoa nibs in ’em to beers with fresh cilantro in ’em to beers with pinot noir in ’em to beers tasting of pumpkin or oatmeal or possibly beers that are of a 20% alcohol variety. It was a task we all took seriously. And we did quite a good job of relieving said man of his abundance of beers.
Today, I’m more or less just trolling the internet looking for something interesting to sink my teeth into.
The top prospects…
1. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97353 … An interview with Andrew Dominik who previously directed “Chopper” and “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Cowardly Robert Ford”, and his new movie “Killing Them Softly”, which is apparently based on a book I’ve never heard of. I’m looking forward to this movie – it comes out this week. Although I do like Brad Pitt a lot, I’m focused on this movie because of the director. I loved “The Assassination of Jesse James…” and I thought “Chopper” was good too. I’m curious what Dominik will do with this modern retelling of a gangster novel.
2. Il Volo… Did anyone watch NBC’s tree-lighting ceremony last night. It was in a word… AWFUL. I had the TV on to watch Brian Williams tell me about the world, and as it ended it immediately went into this abysmal musical display. It was a bunch of singers that I couldn’t care less for singing Christmas carols that I’m fine to never hear again. From the Alfred E. Newman looking Scott McCreery (sp?) to the zombie/undead Tony Bennett/Rod Stewart duo to the absurd Cee-Lo wearing a black full length fur coat with gold stripes. But the honor of the most ridiculous was “Il Volo” who are basically 3 Italian members of One Direction singing opera… and/or three Italian clones of the gay kid from Glee singing pop opera. However you want to understand it. This is what NBC chose to celebrate Christmas? FUCK YOU, NBC. I hate Christmas now. I hope you’re happy.
3. Brandon “Borderline” Marshall is a wide receiver for the Denver Broncos said yesterday that there are NFL players who use viagra as a performance enhancing drug on the field during play. It’s the greatest thing anyone has ever said about anyone else ever.
4. I bought another bottle of scotch yesterday. That is officially the end of me buying scotch for awhile. People should feel free to buy me scotch, but I will stop buying it for myself from now on. The most recent and final purchase of scotch for awhile was a bottle of Aberlour’s cask strength. It’s so delicious. It’s also 60% so it’s the Devil’s liquor.
5. Star Wars VII has been hogging up a lot of bandwidth already and none of it is too promising. They hired Matthew Vaughn supposedly to direct a script being written by a writing duo who have written some good stuff and some terrible stuff. Right now, with the hiring of Vaughn the high watermark possible is it being as good as X-Men First Class. That’s the best it will get, if it even reaches that. But it could be much much much much worse. Let’s hope for everyone’s sake that Vaughn doesn’t impregnate one of the actresses of this Star Wars movie and will get a better or just as good flick as the X-Men First Class. Honestly, that movie wasn’t that good – it had moments, but overall it was disappointing as all the X-Men movies are.
I think that’s all I’ve been thinking about.
What are you thinking about?